Movies are really fun! But, how good would it be, if you can watch all the new movies from your home? What if you didn’t have to go to the theatres often? Wouldn’t that be great? All that you need, right from your home!
Well, if you have a Roku device, you might just be able to watch all of the movies on it. In this section, we will take you through the steps that are involved in watching movies on Roku.
Before that, here are the basic requisites.
- Obviously, the Roku device.
- A Roku account.
- An active internet connection.
If you have all these three, please skip to the how to watch movies in theatres on Roku section below. If you don’t have one of these setup, please learn how to in the sections below.
How to decide which Roku model to buy?
Roku sports a lot of models. Here are few of them,
- Roku Express
- Express +
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere +
- Streaming Stick
- Roku Streaming Stick +
- Roku TVs
These Roku models have different features, different price ranges and different compatibility constraints. But, one thing is for sure. All of these models are priced lesser than their significant competitor models.
Few of the key features in Roku models are,
- HDR 4K display.
- Private listening.
- Roku voice search.
- Infra Red, point to anywhere remote.
Here are the few common features that Roku provides to all of its users.
- Roku mobile application.
- Unlimited access to free channels.
There are a lot of free channels that Roku offers. In fact, half of Roku’s channel store is for free! That’s where we watch movies in theatres on Roku, without having to pay anything but the initial purchase price of Roku.
How to set up a Roku device?
Once you buy the Roku device that you want, you’ll now have to set it up! How to do it?
- First things first, unbox the Roku device.
- After unboxing the Roku device, please check if you have all the accessory devices that come along with the Roku device.
- Like, The Roku high Speed HDMI cable, and the AWR device if you have bought the Roku Streaming Stick or the plus variant of the model.
- Once you have all these devices, go ahead and plug your Roku device to the power outlet. Instead, you can even choose to connect the device to your TVs USB port.
- After the device is powered up, please connect the Roku device to your TV using the Roku HDMI cable.
- Switch on the TV and go to the settings.
- In there, go to the input settings, and choose your HDMI port as the preferred input.
- In there, go to the settings and choose the network settings.
- Choose your WiFis name.
- If your WiFi is a password protected one you will have to enter the right password to be able to connect to the internet.
- After you connect to the internet you will have to login to your Roku account.
Without a Roku account will not be able to watch movies in theatres on Roku. So, please open a Roku account if you don’t have one.
How to open a Roku account?
To open a Roku account, please go to Roku.com/link page and click on create an account. After that, you will be asked to furnish your basic information and contact details. The payment method will be charged from every time you make a purchase. This includes the movies, channels or games that you purchase on your Roku account.
How to watch movies in the theatres on your Roku?
For that, you will have to go to the Roku store and search for the movie’s name. After you do that, Roku’s search will fetch you all the channels that show the movie. From that, you can select, download, install and activate the application. Here is how you do it –
- Use the Roku search to seek the movie you wanted to. You can do this via the Roku mobile application as well.
- After the search is done, Roku will show you all the channels that will let you stream the channel.
- From that, select the channel that you want. There is more probability that the channel is free as well, considering the fact that more than half of the channels in Roku are free.
- Make sure that you can watch the movie that’s in the theatre on Roku if you download the application.
- After you’re sure, please download the application and install it.
To activate it, you just have to open the channel and enter the activation code that’s displayed on the TV on to a Roku.com/activation link opened in a separate browser tab. If you need help to watch movies in theatres on Roku, visit go.roku.com/selectinput or please let us know on our toll-free number, +1-844-370-7600. We will help you with it!