We will take you through the process of how to mirror your Mac screen to your Roku TV. But before that, what is a Roku device for? What is famous for? Why do people Roku when there are quite a lot of streaming devices in the market? Because of three reasons.
- The affordability of a Roku player.
- The ease of use.
- The top-notch features.
In this blog, we’ll discuss one of the most useful features of Roku, screen mirroring from Mac.
How does Roku screen mirroring help Mac users?
One of the most important advantages is being able to iCloud on your TV screen! iCloud, being proprietary to Apple, is not available for Roku on default. So, one must cast their screens on to the TV to be able to view the content that they stream on their Mac books, on a bigger screen.
This also means that you get to stream from other applications that are no by default available on Roku. Like Kodi, for example. Kodi is an open source entertainment and streaming platform, and there is no direct way of streaming or using Kodi on Roku, simply because there isn’t an app that you can download and install from the Roku app store to stream Kodi from.
However, you can see the Roku screen mirroring Mac, and cast Kodi on to your Roku TV.
How to use Roku Screen mirroring?
It’s pretty simple to do this. But for that, you will first have to a fully functioning Roku device in place. A fully functioning Roku device has the following things intact –
- A Roku device, connected to the TV.
- A Roku account synced to your Roku device.
- An active internet connection.
If you have all these, then you can easily start casting or mirroring your Mac screen on to your Roku device.
If you don’t, follow the below instructions to complete your Roku set up. On the other hand, if you do have a fully functioning Roku device, please skip ahead to the Roku Screen mirroring Mac part.
- Unbox the Roku device, and check if all the spares and accessories are in place.
- Connect the Roku device to your TV using the Roku high-speed HDMI cable. If you are using Roku streaming stick, you don’t need a cable, and you can directly plug the device into the HDMI port of the TV.
- After you do this, please go to the TV’s display settings and set the input to HDMI. If you have more than one HDMI port, please select the one that your Roku device is connected to.
- Once you do this, you should see the Roku screen on your TV.
- Now, go to Roku’s settings and connect to the WiFi. You can do this from the network preferences menu.
- After you connect to the internet, the only thing left to do is to sign in to your Roku account. If you don’t have one, please log on to Roku.com and click on create an account. You will be asked to furnish the most basic information such as your name, contact information and more advanced ones like your payment information.
Once you are done with logging into your Roku account, from your TV, then you are ready to cast your Mac screen on to your Roku account.
Roku screen mirroring from Mac
To be able to mirror your Mac screen with Audio, you will need to download an application called AirBeamTV from your Roku account and install it.
- Go to your Roku channel store.
- In the search bar, enter AirBeamTV and hit search
- From the search result, select the AirBeam TV and click on the download.
- After the application is downloaded, wait for it to be installed.
- Once the installation is complete, please open the application.
- On opening the application, you will receive an activation code on your TV screen.
- Please note it down, and enter the same in your Roku activate the browser window.
- This will complete the activation page.
Now, go to your Mac and search for devices that you can cast your Mac screen on to. From the list of devices, choose your Roku device, and you should be able to see your Mac screen on your TV.
However, there will be a noticeable 2-second latency, so it is not suitable for gaming. But for movies and other applications, you can use this Roku screen Mirroring Mac and watch your Mac display on a bigger screen. If you need help setting this up, visit go.roku.com/selectinput or please let us know and we’ll help you with it! Here’s our toll-free number +1-844-370-7600.