By utilizing the on-demand upgrading technological features, Roku is delivering their best efforts to keep entertaining the audience. Roku is not sticking towards a single device model or any other rudimentary conventional approach. With a focus on customer choices and interest towards the respective channels, Roku provides different kinds of devices for customer comfort and also brand new features to get enhanced entertainment all the time.
Roku private listening
One of the state of the art features is the ‘Roku private listening’ and this feature is not a very different one. To enable the Roku private listening feature, go through the below-provided information and steps to activate.
Steps for private listening activation
To begin with, you should know that there are two types of ways to activate the private listening option in the Roku.
- Private listening by the Roku app
- Roku remote
Using the Roku app
To use the Roku app for the private listening feature, first make sure that your device which is using for private listening is connected with the same Wi-Fi network connection with your Roku device. Otherwise, you are unable to use the app for controlling your Roku and enabling the private listening mode.
- First, download the Roku mobile app from the app store and install
- Sign in the app using your Roku account credentials
- Connect your mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network
- And now in your mobile, you can see the updates of streaming shows and programs for your Roku.com/link account
- Insert your headphone in your mobile device
- Select any program on your TV and click the headphone symbol option in the Roku app to get the audio content from your headphone
Up to 4 users can use the private listening option at the same time provided, they sign in to the same account and connected with the same Wi-Fi network.
- Using Roku remote for private listening is the very basic option
- The user just needs to insert the headphone jacket end to the headphone slot of the TV
- Then click the headphone symbol in your Roku remote, to enable the private listening
- While private listening is enabled, you are unable to hear any audio on the TV
- In some cases, you may not see the headphone symbol in the Roku mobile app
- This is due to the older version of the app
- By upgrading to the latest version, this trouble can be rectified
- By using a poor-quality Bluetooth headphone, you may face the lags in hearing audio and it will be out of sync with the video content
- Try to use a quality headphone to avoid such troubles