Installing Popcorn time on Roku is a little tricky, since Popcorn time does not have a default application on Roku. This means you cannot download and install the channel directly from the Roku channel store as you do with the other channels. But, there are other workarounds for this problem, and you need not go through the process of jailbreaking Roku.
Though Popcorn Time is not explicitly available on Roku, Plex player, a bundle that offers Popcorn time as a part of it is available for streaming on Roku, and you can just install it and stream Popcorn Time from Plex Media player. But again, since the application for Popcorn TV is not even available on Roku, you will have to login to your Plex application from some other device, download it and install the Popcorn TV from that device, and then open the Plex TV on Roku to have Popcorn TV on your Roku device.
We’ll take you through the steps of doing this! Please follow!
Step 1 – Getting Popcorn TV on your Plex TV
The first thing to do is to have a Plex TV login. After you have the login you will have to download the Popcorn application on your Plex media player. The first thing is a computer with an internet connection. The second thing is a Plex Application downloaded on the computer and the third, but probably the most important thing is a Plex media player application login ID and password.
If you don’t have any of these, please go ahead and arrange them first, and then you would be able to do this. So, after you have a Plex account, please download the Plex TV application on your laptop and then login with the credentials of your Plex TV application and then download Popcorn Time on your Plex TV.
Step 2 – Getting Plex media player on your Roku
To get Popcorn Time on Roku you will have to have Plex TV on your Roku. To do this, it is a simple three-fold process. The first thing is to search for the application on the Roku channel store.
How to search for the channel?
- Go to the Roku channel store.
- Once in the Roku channel store, click on the Roku search.
- Search your favorite channel to search for, and hit enter.
- This keyword can be anything that is related to the Plex TV application. The name of the application, the other applications associated with it, or any of the programs that you can get via Plex TV.
- Now, from the search results, please choose the channel you want to download and select the channel.
- Once you select the plex channel, the channel will be highlighted and you would see a menu button next to it. Click on the menu button.
- From there, choose to download and install the application on your Roku channel list.
- Now, you will have to wait for a couple of minutes till the channel is downloaded, and then please go ahead and activate the channel.
Now that you have a plex TV on Roku, you can log in to your Plex account, and Popcorn Time on Roku is also possible since you have that downloaded on your Plex TV application. You can stream all that Popcorn TV offers!
If you have any questions about how to download Popcorn time on Roku or if you have anything else about Roku, please go ahead and call us on our toll-free number, and we’d help you through it. Our toll-free number is +1-844-370-7600. Visit Go.Roku.com/selectiinput for more updates