Roku is one of the most popular streaming devices, for three main reasons. One, the affordability of the streaming device, and the channels that you can stream from the Roku channel store. Finally, the third reason is the sheet amount of channels available for streaming. There are almost 500000 channels available for streaming, and they continue to add new ones almost every day. We provide below the list of new channels available for streaming, since the last month, and will let you know how to download these new Roku channels.
Please note that to do this, you’d need to be signed into your Roku account, from your Roku device. If you do not have a Roku account, please open one. To do that, go to Roku.com and click on create a new account. You will have to fill in the most basic details like your first name and second name, you contact information and your payment details. If in case you decide to purchase channels that will cost you, then please be clear that you will be charged for the purchase from this payment details that you furnish here.
New Roku channels
- Court TV
- Olympic Channel
- Deal or No Deal
New Roku channels that you will have to subscribe for
- Fox Nation ($5.99/month after a 7-day free trial)
- The Criterion Channel ($10.99/month after a 14-day free trial)
Authenticated Roku channels that are up for the subscription
- The Weather Channel
These are the new channels that are available in Roku. These channels are widely spread, both in their genres and what they offer. Meaning, a few of the channels are absolutely free, and a few are charged for, but they offer a free trial, and a few other channels will require that they authenticate your membership, for a standard fee.
Now, we will take you the process of installing these new Roku channels.
Search for the channel name
All of the channels available in Roku can be downloaded, from the Roku channel store. So, please go to the Roku channel store.
- Once you are in the Roku channel store, please click on the Roku search bar.
- In there, enter a keyword that is marginally related to one of the new Roku channels. The keyword can be the channel’s name, or the genre of the channel, or the name of a program that the channel lets you stream.
- After you enter the search term, please hit search.
- Roku will fetch you the list of the channels that match with the keyword that you searched for. If you had searched for the channel name, then there is a higher chance of the same channel appearing on top of the search.
- Please locate the channel from the search result.
- Once you find the channel, please click on the channel.
- After the channel is highlighted, please click on the channel menu.
- From the menu, please select the option to download and install the channel application.
Please wait for the new Roku channel to be installed in your Roku device. You can find if the channel has been downloaded in your Roku channel list.
Activating the newly downloaded channel
After the channel is installed, you will have to further activate the channel. To do this, please go to a separate browser window. In there, enter the URL Roku.com/activate. Once you enter the URL, you will see a webpage with the space to enter the activation code for the channel.
Now, go back to the Roku device, and open the channel that you just downloaded. IF this the first time you are opening the channel in your Roku account, then you will get an activation code on your TV screen. Please make note of it and enter the same on your browser! There, your channel is ready to be streamed from.
If you have any questions regarding the installation of these new Roku channels, please let us know via our toll-free number, +1-844-370-7600.