Is Roku Not Turning On?
The number of users for the Roku streaming service is accruing at a rapid pace. Electronic devices are always prone to some kind of issues at random times. The reason behind the trouble may be the user mishandling or any other defects and factors. One such trouble is the Roku not turning on.
The primary reason for this trouble is insufficient power to the Roku streaming player. The Roku devices which support the direct power output from TV are, Roku streaming stick, streaming stick+, express, express+, Roku premiere, premiere+. By connecting to the appropriate compatible television, the player is able to get enough power to load the contents. But in some cases, the USB port in the TV may be a defect one, and so the device struggles to turn on.
Roku streaming players have one front light, which indicates the device’s status with respective colors. White light on the streaming player indicates that the device is turned on. If it is red light, the streaming player might be overheating. If the same red light is blinking, then the player is getting the insufficient power supply.
Solutions for the Wall Power Outlet Connection
If you have connected your Roku player by the means of a power adapter to a wall power outlet, then follow the below steps to turn on your streaming device,
Use only the Roku Power Adapter
- Always Roku recommends all the users to use only the Roku accessories from the original package
- Use of random power cord/adapter for your streaming player, then the streaming player may have higher number of chances to get insufficient power to function
Check for a Firm Connection
- If your Roku not turning on, check out all the wired connections in the player are firmly and securely connected
- Try out unplugging and plugging back the power adapter firmly to the wall outlet
Connect to Another Power Outlet
- Sometimes, the problem may not lie within the device or port but with the wall power outlet itself
- So, also check your power adapter by connecting to any other power outlet, thereby the defect can be identified
Check for an Indication
- As mentioned earlier, follow the color patterns on the front light of your streaming device and do the steps accordingly
- For example, if you have identified that your Roku device is overheating, it is better to turn off rather than doing any other steps or checks
- If the trouble lies on power adapter only, then switch the device using USB power
- Connect your Roku player to the USB port of TV using the USB cable extender and check for power on
- Streaming stick users can directly insert their device to the TV port
Solutions for USB Port Connection
- Don’t prefer any other USB cable other than the cable from original Roku package
- Try out an alternate original Roku USB cable and turn on the device
- If you feel that the defect doesn’t lie with the cable, then try out with a different TV to check
Besides the instructions, if you are still in dilemma to get rid of Roku not turning on trouble, get our team assistance by calling the toll-free number +1-844-370-7600 or visit Go.roku.com/selectinput.